Lenten Prayer Times
Woman healed with the issue of blood Luke 8:40-48
40 Now when Jesus returned, the crowd welcomed him, for they were all waiting for him. 41 And there came a man named Jairus, who was a ruler of the synagogue. And falling at Jesus’ feet, he implored him to come to his house, 42 for he had an only daughter, about twelve years of age, and she was dying. As Jesus went, the people pressed around him.
43 And there was a woman who had had a discharge of blood for twelve years, and though she had spent all her living on physicians, she could not be healed by anyone. 44 She came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, and immediately her discharge of blood ceased. 45 And Jesus said, “Who was it that touched me?” When all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the crowds surround you and are pressing in on you!” 46 But Jesus said, “Someone touched me, for I perceive that power has gone out from me.”
47 And when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling, and falling down before him declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed. 48 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace.”
Discussion and Prayer
1. Problem – The church is not feeling well – energy loss, weak, anemic, hemoraging
2. What have done is not working. We have spent much time and money seeking the help of others – and not getting the result of revival or renewal
2.Solution – need a transfusion of Gods Power ( The Blood of Jesus) -touch the hem of His garment and ask for His healing power to restore
– ask for forgiveness and mercy – cleanse from past sins, individual and coperate-
– ask for a renewed intimacy with the Father – spend time in communion with Him
– get His attention, Jesus was on the way to do something else when the woman interrupted Him. We need to get persistent and bold – we want new blood in our veins!
We ended our time with communion.
Opened with psalm 24:3-4
Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart…
We have been summoned into your courts…
We have engraved invitations….
You want us to come now before eternity, so we can taste the love of heaven…
We have been forgiven, no longer marked by our sinful past…
You have promised to change us…
In hope that our hearts will be pure, we boldly come to You!
Prayer points – Using the book – “Seek God for the City”
1. For Youth
– named our youth out loud
– called for Father God to use His “whistle” to bring in His children
2. For the Poor
– specifically for Blackburn Center
– repented for not meeting the needs of widows and orphans
3.For Educators –
– named our educators out loud
– that Godly educators would influence the next generation
4. For SICK People –
– named our sick out loud by name
– claimed healing ” by His stripes we are healed”
– bring the sick in to meet Jesus – we need to pray diligently
5. For Ethnic Communities
– every tribe and language will be before the throne
– time of repentance for what the church has done to ethnic groups in the name of Christianity
– heal the divisions in our nation that have brought about violence and intolerance
6. For Law Enforcement and Judges
7. For Mothers
8. For Laborers
– blessings and prosperity for businesses
– release of entrepreneur spirit in our region.
– good employment for those seeking work
We ended our time by annointing the corners of the sanctuary (strengthening and protecting our borders). We also had communion together.
We started our time reading from a post ” How Dead Churches come Back to Life”.
The first thing was – prayer! When a church joins together in strategic prayer – God brings about renewal and revival.
Our scripture verses that we focused on were concerning the “whistle of God”. Calling His children home.
26 He will raise a signal for nations far away, and whistle for them from the ends of the earth; and behold, quickly, speedily they come! – Isaiah 5:26
8 “I will whistle for them and gather them in, for I have redeemed them, and they shall be as many as they were before. – Zechariah 10:8
Prayer points – Using the book – “Seek God for the City”(Days 9-15)
9. Broken Families – prayers for healing
– many children who connect with our church are from broken families
– we have many broken families in our community
– needs would be met
10.Single People – that they would know Jesus as their best friend
-that they would find the church as a community that they would find their place
– we lifted up the names of single people
11. Military personnel – open our eyes to see the military in our community
-bring Healin to wounds of the past
– protection for those serving right now – especially in hostile areas
– Chance – just graduated from boot camp
12. Unemployed -open doors of opportunity
-restore this community to a place to work, live and raise a family
– Instill a desire in people to work
– The church is also a place of employment- stir members of the body to the work of the church
13. Men – to know God and make Him known
– Thankful for the men in our congregation who know God and try to live after the example of Christ
– That older men would rise up to mentor the younger men
– That men would continue to build relationships ( Thurs. Men’s Group)
– Cut any ties with the past where men were harmed in relationship with other Christians or the church
– 1 Timothy 2:8 – Therefore, let Men pray – lifting up holy hands
14. Health care workers – God’s compassion would flow through them
– prayer for Abilene in surgery at this exact time – those who work to help her heal
– bless those who work to heal – help them to cast burdens on You and reduce the great stresses that they bear
15. News Media – attitudes of cynicism would be changed
– help them to see Jesus – to see the truth and report on the truth
– help those who are suffering because all they hear is the negative lies
15.1 – We added – those in Authority positions
– Our president – give him wisdom and godly advisors -thank you that he honors life – give him success as America has success-that the news media would change their attitude towards him
-for Supreme Court nominations starting next week
– voting in the Congo for 4 new bishops for the Methodist church
We ended by asking God to sow seeds that would produce good fruit, so that those in the world will want to eat of the Tree of Life!
We ended our time with communion.
We opened with a time of personal prayer for things going on with our own lives. We then had a time of worship to celebrate what God is doing in our midst – calling people in! He is calling in the list sheep – gathering the tribes. This is a time of return to a place of healing and forgiveness – to be the people of God and take His name. We claim tha God is calling people to press into Him – to touch His robe. He is calling the body to fullness – that all of His gifts would come and in turn – bless the body.
16. The Unborn – nearest and dearest to God’s heart
– to bring the spiritually unborn to this “womb” – that as the body we may hold and nurture them.
17. University Students –
-Prayed for WCCC – that evangelists would rise up on campus and we could encourage them.
– prayed for the college students who attend Christ Church by name
– help for the helpless
– protection for those trying to bring help
– let us be a people who are refuge to the aliens
– as people have been scattered to every corner of the world – bring your good out of it – to grow our mission field
19. International Visitors –
– prayer for Pittsburgh as a place. That draws International students
– for Ridge and Connie Orr who work with Chinese scholars.
20. Depressed People –
– bring in the depressed
– let their hearts be awakened to your love
21. Fathers – for more of the Father’s heart to be released
-prayed for the fathers in our own congregation
– for drawing the fathers to you
– for fathers who are separated – to love and spend time with their children
– heal and restore what has been lost or stolen from fathers
22. Business People and the entrepreneur spirit
– thank you for bringing growth and blessing to businesses
– remove the ” I can get something for nothing” mindset
– release service industries and servant hearts
We closed with a time of communion.
We used the “Seek God for your City” as aguide again today – but this time we used both the top portion as well as the bottom to guide our prayers.
23 top – Seeking God to rise against spiritual enemies
– call for liberation of your people
– vision shared – fog and smoke clouding the eyes of people making it difficult to walk. We asked God to breathe and clear away the smoke so people could see – release light and a clarity of vision.
23 bottom – for agriculture workers
24 top – seeking God to contend for righteousness
– give us courage
– open our eyes to see the righteous hand of God in creation
24 bottom- for children
– for our K-Force kids
– for children to be touched by Gods love – they would know us as a safe place
– that compassion for children would abound in the lives of people in this church
25 top – Seeking God to guide many in lives of righteousness
– we prayed Come Jesus – let us see the crucifixion and resurrection in ways we have never seen
– we ask for the praises to arise in our lips and on our hearts
25 bottom – for gangs
– Cause us, your people, to be so attractional that they draw people to You
– that we would have a true identity of who we are in Christ
– pour out the spirit of adoption that people would have a place of belonging
– “GANG”- get a new God -Jesus!
26 top – seeking God to fill our city with heaven’s peace
-pour out the the spirit of the fear of the Lord
-pour out- rain down peace on our community
26 bottom- for government leaders
– give wisdom to our leaders
– for Eric Nelson, Pat Toomey, Kim Ward, Bob Casey, Tim Murphy , Mike Pence, Donald Trump
– for the loneliness that leaders face – let them know you and join them with others who know you
27 top – Seeking God to instruct us in His ways of peace
– show us peace- Even as this is a time of warfare waiting for you to come again
– come quickly Lord – so that there will be peace
27 bottom – for pastors
– for deep friendships to grow
– fresh outpourings of your spirit
– Sheperd the baby lambs – new birth
– Vision of trees being tapped for sap- you can’t enjoy the sugar without tapping into the source- the tree – the Lord
” Taste and See that the Lord is Good”
– that sap needs to be heated to bring out true taste
-interpretation is that much is being done that may not be seen to tap into the Spirit – it needs to be according to Gods timing – the right season to tap into the deep things of God. He will bring forth the hidden things – that provide a sweetness to behold! As it is tapped and collected – it will go under fire – to purify and bring out the pure sweetness of God.
We shared communion together.
We ended our time with a cleansing of the sanctuary ( especially the area of the sound board) casting out all spirits that didn’t belong. We released angels to gaurd the sanctuary. We anointed all the doors, windows, arches and bell.
God the directed that their would be a pouring out of new wine.
A new angel – a beautiful angel with beautiful clothes – was released to us. She is the Angel of Humility.
In learning to work with the angel of Humility assigned to our church – we discussed that we need to focus on scriptures that deal with humility.
28. Top – Healing of broken relationships
Placed at the feet of Jesus the members of our body who are broken – asking God to bring restoration. To those who have shut doors, bring humility to step out and receive the peace of Christand the breath of the Holy Spirit which brings freedom.
Bottom – Native Peoples
We need to honor the natives of Youngwood. We prayed the blood of Jesus over broken covenants, innocent blood shed and the roots of families. We repented for broken treaties and abuse.
29. Top- For the homecoming of prodigals
“Young”. – help us to understand the young
“Wood”- bring the wood to rekindle the flame
Let us be a body of the cross with wide open arms to welcome home the prodigals
We ask Father God to meet them where they are and Holy Spirit stir their hearts to turn and come home!
29. Bottom – Arts and Entertainment
Inspire the artists to bring glory to God
As they seek creativity – let them be directed by Holy Spirit to meet the heart of the creator
Invade this industry!
There are people in this church who feel stifled in their creativity – stir in them a desire to use their gifts to encourage the body.
30. Top – Rebuilding of devasted communities
We asked God to rebuild the ancient ruins – restore and repair
Creator God be in the midst of the redesigning of the 119 corridor
What has been neglected – You will restore.
No longer is this a “drive through community”. People will be drawn to stop and see
There will be a new fragrance that will permeate Youngwood – the fragrance of restoration.
30. Bottom – Athletic Industry
For the extended Pittsburgh region ( The city of Champions). For godly men and women to speak from their positions and to have a boldness of the gospel.
We repent of sports idols – especially for driving our children to athletic excellence forsaking their spiritual excellence.
31. Top- Peacemakers
Rest Your Holy Spirit on us!
Lease the peacemakers in the midst of our divisions.
31. Bottom- Orphans
For spiritual mothers and fathers to rise up and take care of those coming into Gods family. Remove the orphan spirit from our midst and replace with the spirit of adoption.
Let the lonely seek and find You. Let them find their place in You.
32. Top – Peace among the nations
We especially pray for Syria in the midst of great devastation and suffering.
Encourage Your people in those places of devastation.
32. Bottom – Women
For honor and protection.
That the women of God would abound with kindness
Bring in the women on the edges that they would find love in Christ.
Raise up an overcoming testimony in women who have found Jesus.
Touch those women who feel that they have to be militant to be heard.
We ask for the spirit of humility to fall so that Gods strength and grace would rise up.
33. Top – Hope in times of trouble
Show Yourself mighty! Send forth a Kingdom flow from the throne!
Help us to find our refuge in You.
Change brings fear …. Help us look to Your face in times of change!
33. Bottom – Homeless People
Many ar running…. Many have lost much….we ask for restoration!
We especially pray for struggling veterans – who have lost their way.
Skip to 36. Top – Restor desolate communities
Speak to us in Youngwood, especially those in the church.
You make everything as good as new.
You transform us so our cities can be transformed.
Bring joy that spills out of us.
Pour Your Spirit on this community.
Thank you for pouring joy into us as we have walked the community and for the signs you gave to us as we walked and prayed.
36. Bottom – Substance Abusers
Break this bondage! Relieve from turmoil and bondage. Heal minds and bodies!
We lift up Jessica George who is sharing tonight about the life and death of her brother Chris, who suffered from substance abuse.
We spent a great deal of time praying over the NA and AA groups that meet in our church. W felt that as they meet in our facility, it is our responsibility to pray for them. We anointed their meeting room. We had vision of the angel of humility bowing and covering this room. We prayed that those who meet in our church would sense the presence of Christ and come to know Him.
We completed our task of praying through ” Seek God for the City”.
34. for Physically Disabled People
Thanked God for blessing us with people who are mentally challenged and for the Gifted Sunday School Class.
35. For Marriages
37. For Ministries
38. For elderly People
39. For prisoners and their families
40. For the coming generation.