Join us for the Maker Fun Factory VBS Created by God, Built for a Purpose. This VBS will be hosted at Christ Church in Youngwood from June 26 to June 30, 9a until noon. See the follow video
Throughout this past year a focus has continued to reach out further into the communities in the area concerning children and the church. Along with the tradition Sunday morning ministries we have offered events both at the church and in the communities to serve the children. A commitment has been made to continue to be present at all community events where there is an opportunity to serve the children and their families; and to better acknowledge the needs of such in our communities and our congregation. Following is a list of the ways the children have been served and have learned to serve.
Community outreach ministries:
- November 2015: Members of the congregation provided a table at the Youngwood Community Christmas Light up night. Children were provided the opportunity to make a Christmas craft and families were given literature introducing them to the church and to the opportunities offered to the children on Sunday morning and Wednesday after school. Adults were available to speak with families and help with the organization of the children’s activities of the night.
- K-Force: Each Wednesday afternoon from October until March, an after school program takes place for children Kindergarten through 5th grade. The children take part in Bible lessons, dinner, recreation, service, and homework help.
- June 2016: Summer Vacation Bible School was presented. The program offered was Surf Shack. This VBS was advertised throughout the community and attendance represented such. As in other years, the week ended with a luncheon and program for the VBS attendees and their families. The mission for VBS offerings was “Stop Hunger Now!
- July and August 2016: a church-wide effort was made to present a Summer of Serving. Many of the programs included outreach to children and families. This included the Block party in August, a K-Force Kids back pack assembly event, Children’s Festival, Stop Hunger Now, and welcoming the Ugandan Kid’s Choir among others.
- In October we will once again hold an open house for children and families during the Trick or treat time in town.
Sunday morning children’s ministry:
Each Sunday morning children meet in a traditional Sunday school atmosphere to take part in “Deep Blue” This Sunday School program reinforces the Bible teachings that instruct us to grow as disciples of Christ, and to serve in the way that Christ taught us. Through activities, movie clips, crafts, and games the children carry out the theme. The children also chose a mission each month for the Sunday morning children’s offerings. Some of the missions included: general expenses of the church, help with postage for Operation Christmas Child, Happy Feet, the Heifer project, Ronald McDonald house and the community food bank. During this past year emphasis has been placed on the nursery/preschool age and we have seen growth in that area.